CAREER & SUCCESSION PLANNING MANAGER
Succession Planning Process
Key positions in any organization must, by definition, be filled with suitably well-qualified employees. Comprehensive, qualification-oriented succession planning is a deciding factor in the success of a company. Memorysoft facilitates efficient planning and streamlines the decision-making process. It leads you through every step of career and succession planning, from defining a requirements profile for a position to evaluating the employees under consideration for that position. Compare an employee’s actual skills against pre-defined requirements profiles for key positions either through reports or using the Best Fit Search. The Best Fit Search function identifies only those employees that best match your requirements, which significantly speeds up the selection process and helps you find the right person for the job.
Create career development and succession plans.
Visualize the organizational structure of reports-to relationships or review incumbents and internal/external candidates for certain positions.
Evaluate the skills of your managers and let Memorysoft generate succession scenarios to help you visualize the effects of job changes within your organization.
The Career Planning component of this module maps customized career paths for employees when they indicate a position they might eventually like to hold or are being groomed for.
Memorysoft’s Career Planning essential functions allow you to:
- Competencies they require for that position
- Positions and training will provide them with the competencies required.
- Staff succession planning.
- To determine qualifications at the Position/Classification Level
- To support position grades and steps
- To track salary ranges, grades and steps by effective date
- To plan for future required positions and perform a forecast analysis ( i.e. finical and staff numbers )
- To forecast eligible retirees, based on bargaining unit category, age, years of service and retirement plan
- ( Part workforce composition reports )
- To track open positions and time to fill by department
- Allow mass updates to Job descriptions
- Accommodate job sharing.
- Ability to accommodate employees who work in multiple positions at the same time i.e. during special projects
- Ability to support job roles and skills requirements
- Define future skills requirements
- Optimal promotion of employee potential
- Ranking of matching employees based on requirements profile
- Ranking of suitable employees based on the position requirements
- Guarantee that key positions are always filled with qualified candidates
- Rapid filling of with internal and external candidates
- Observe employee preferences
- Decentralized functions that enable that enable comprehensive employee assessment